I sort of just jumped right in over here and started posting without even introducing myself. How totally fucking rude of me.
Hello! My name is Mer. Or Merbear. Or, if you’d prefer the name on my birth certificate, Merry. I’m fine with all of them, although it sure does get confusing sometimes.
A little bit of a backstory, I’m what I guess you’d call a “seasoned” blogger, meaning that my own blog, Knocked Over By A Feather, is almost 5 years old. I started it as an online diary chronicling my journey from being a mostly healthy, hopefully someday still employable middle-aged woman to what I am now, a chronic illness warrior on disability.
I have clinical depression, anxiety, plus a not so fun little disease called fibromyalgia that has completely fucking rearranged my entire life. Those were the topics that I mainly wrote about on a consistent basis. I could feel myself starting to burn out.
After some lengthy thought and a discussion with my therapist, I decided that I really needed a break from all of that for a while.
So when Paul invited me to his fantastic blog as a contributor, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. I happily accepted and I already feel extremely comfortable here.
I have a twisted sense of humor, I’m morbid, I swear profusely and not to toot my own horn, but I’ve recently reached expert level in the art of sarcasm. (Squeal!)
I’m really looking forward to letting my creativity take me to new places that doesn’t include any kind of whining about my illnesses and how shitty I feel.
I know that I’ll end up going back to my own beloved blog at some point, but I hope that Paul will allow me to still post here as well.
To further get in good with you all (asskisser) I’d like to end this post with a few little nuggets of randomness about myself.
- I hate yellow mustard and ketchup.
- I’m a proud pothead.
- I have two dogs, an American Bulldog and a Collie mix. I love cats, but after the last one I had took a dookie on my bed, I decided that I would only love them from afar.
- After being a heavy smoker for 25 years, I switched to vaping, which makes me trendy as fuck. Besides a short relapse, I’ve been smoke-free since January 8th. I only mention this because I’m extremely proud of myself, which is almost as rare as a day without 45 tweeting something absolutely moronic and frightening.
- When I was still working, I was a trained cook. Not a chef, mind you. Not even a sous chef, damn it. Just a cook.
- My favorite television show is Family Guy.
- I adore The Beatles and have a vast collection of items pertaining to The Fab Four.
- I saw Sir Paul three times and Ringo Starr once.
- If you tickle me, I will kill you.
Thank you again Paul! And if anyone has a question, don’t hesitate to ask me.